Thursday, October 16, 2008

Musings of a fool

I like golf (which I never get to do anymore), guitar pickin' and writing songs. John Denver, James Taylor, Carly Simon and Carole King which definitely dates me.... yes I am getting old. I also like new music :). I love my Grandboy Arley. I also love Matt and Kersten my wonderful family. I like small towns, church choirs, picnics, pot lucks, fall leaves, football, and lots of snow with big drifts that snow us in so we have to stay inside and do jigsaw puzzles. I love family parties and laughing with my crazy Miller nephews. I like concerts with my siblings and really gettin' down to it on the guitar. I like Fried Ham and Girl's Camp. I like feeling the Spirit and the calm that comes from knowing that you're in the right place at the right time. I had this happen once when I was YW president. We took the girls up cross country skiing at Harriman park. We were all in a line and we came around a corner and saw a big Trumpeter Swan and the river which was beautiful. I looked back at all those girls that I loved so much and I thought " This is it. This is where you're supposed to be today". It was a great feeling. I must be feeling a little nostalgic today. One of those girls lost her little 13 year old girl last night and it is a sad and awful tragedy. It makes me feel old and sad. I lost a patient this week that I was particularly close to and so I write and write.... My only hope is one of my favorite things, BYU football, that the Cougars play TCU tonight and I am hoping for a win.

No comments: